Honey Carrot Cupcakes
Honey Carrot Cupcakes
I found a recipe for Carrot Cake in a church recipe book, but I wanted cupcakes. I decided to revise it and add some of my own ingredients, we now have Honey Carrot Cupcakes made with carrots from my garden. The honey I used in my Honey Carrot Cupcakes actually came from a friend that raises bees down in the Northern part of Missouri.
I started by washing and hand grating my carrots, now I am wondering if a person can freeze grated carrots for future recipes, a good topic to check into. Then it is on to adding the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix dry ingredients and then make a well into those ingredients for the next set of ingredients.
Then add your oil, eggs and vanilla and mix well. This is when I added my tablespoon of honey. Stir in carrots and you are now ready for the prepared cupcake pans. I did add chopped up pecans and some raisins, just for something extra.
The smell of these Honey Carrot Cupcakes baking is just so very delightful, gives this warm November in Northern Wisconsin more of a fall feel. My friends down in the southern warm states it has been in the 60’s here all week, doesn’t even seem like winter is fast approaching. Even the plants are a little confused, yesterday I notice my Hollyhocks are starting to grow again and I noticed along another house in town that their pumpkin plants are growing.
Okay back to the recipe at hand. I topped my cupcakes with a nice swirl of Cream Cheese Frosting! I am taking this cupcakes to my church Ladies Mission Circle Meeting that we have tonight, I am confident they will truly enjoy them. And let me tell you these cupcakes turned out so moist and were absolutely delicious, the ladies loved them.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrots (shredded)
- 2 Eggs
- Optional: 1/4 Cup Pecans (chopped), 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 3/4 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add oil, eggs, vanilla & honey, mix up well. Stir in carrots and optional pecans & raisins. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes, check by poking toothpick in center of cupcake until it comes out clean. While the cupcakes are cooling you can mix up your frosting. Put all the ingredients together and beat until smooth.